CDS Application Form
Introduction -: CDS stands for Combined Defence Services which conduct by the Union Public Service Commission twice in an every year. CDS is done for recruitment into Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The exam notification is usually exposed in the months of October and June, and the examinations are held in February and November respectively. For CDS, only unmarried graduates male/female is eligible to sit in the exam. Successful candidates are placed into the desired academy which they applied for, after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). SSB interviewed the candidate after the qualifying the written exam in order to check their ability and dedication towards Indian Army. CDS gives various benefits to their employee while serving the nations even after the retirement of the employee. This is best platform to start career it make life stable as well as secure.
Career in CDS -: The career in CDS is very exciting and full of adventures. Many of candidates join to really serve their country and some joins to acquire benefits of Indian Army which they provide to you and family. If you selected or clear every step then your life is set as well as future also. Your job can be challenging, tough and disciplined depending upon which type of armed force you join and you have to be prepare for it in advance. It is the job of pride and honor where you protect your national without thinking about your life and pleasure. Employees may post various places in India where they have give security to the citizens who living there. There have to risqué the tasks in order to make them save and protect from any harmful thing like terrorist etc.
Posts in CDS -: CDS provides following posts-:
- Major Colonel
- Officers Trainee.
- Indian Military -: Passed / Appearing Bachelor Degree in Any Stream at Any Recognized University.
- Indian Naval -: Passed / Appearing Bachelor Degree in Engineering at Any Recognized University.
- Air Force-: Bachelor Degree in Any Stream with Physics, Mathematics in 10+2 Level/Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- Officers Training-: Passed / Appearing Bachelor Degree in Any Stream at Any Recognized University.
- Nationality -: The candidate should be citizen of India or a subjected of Nepal or Bhutan. Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit-:
|Name of posts||Age Limit|
|Indian Navy||19-24 years|
|Indian Air Force||19-24 years|
|Indian Military||19-24 years|
|Officer Trainee||19-25 years|
Pattern of Exam -: The pattern of CDS exam consists of basic subject which we covered in academics study. The pattern of Indian Navy, Indian Military and Indian Air force are same. Officers Trainee has different pattern as they did not contain maths in exams. The pattern of these exams is follows-:
Pattern of Indian Military, Indian Air Force and Indian Naval
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Timing|
|General Knowledge||120||100||2 Hours|
|Elementary Maths||100||100||2 Hours|
Check More Related Information You Would Like:-
Combined Defence Service (CDS) Important Links
|How To Crack CDS In First Attempt||Click Here|
|CDS Previous Year Question Papers With Answers||Click Here|
|CDS Syllabus 2017||Click Here|
|CDS 2 Admit Card||Click Here|
|CDS 2 Result||Click Here|
|CDS I Answer Key||Click Here|
Pattern of Officers’ Training posts
Salary Scale -: There is attractive salary which is given by the CDS. They give stipend while training session approx 21,000 per months. The detailed salary scales are as follows-:
Salary Scale in CDS
|Rank||Pay Band||Grade Pay (INR)|
15600 – 39100 (PB-3)
|Lt. Gen HAG||67000 – 79000|
|HAG||75500 – 80000|
CDS Exam Centre
There are 43 cities where CDS conducts the exam. The lists of centre’s are as follows-:
|Dispur||Nagpur||Total: 43 Centres|
CDS Syllabus: 2018
- English -: The question paper will be designed to test the candidates understanding of English and workman-like use of words. It will contains following topics in paper-:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
- General Knowledge -: General Knowledge, including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions of History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
- Elementary Mathematics -: It contains following topics-:
- Number system
- Natural numbers
- Rational and Real numbers
- Fundamental Operations-addition
- subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fractions.
- Unitary method –:
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- applications to simple and compound interest
- profit and loss
- ratio and proportion
- Elementary Number Theory -:
- Division algorithm
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11
- Multiples and factors
- Factorization Theorem
- C.F. and L.C.M.
- Basic operations
- Simple factors
- Remainder Theorem
- C.F., L.C.M
- Theory of Polynomials
- Solutions of quadratic equations
- relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered).
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions.
- Simultaneous linear in-equations in two variables and their solutions.
- Set language and set notation -:
- Rational expressions and conditional identities
- Laws of indices.
Download Here:- CDS Complete Syllabus 2018
- Lines and angles
- Plane and plane figures.
- Theorems on: Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal lines.
- Menstruation -:
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle.
- Areas of figures, which can be split up into the figures (Field Book).
- Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders.
- Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics -:
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data.
- Graphical representation-frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
- Measures of Central Tendency.
CDS Selection Procedures
CDS selections are conduct by UPSC where it includes some defined steps to follow by every candidate in order to get the desired academy for training. There four step to be follow by every student which are mentioned below-:
- Written Test-: In the written test, it is the objective type questions were candidate has to clear the test in order to set in further rounds. It consists of basic questions like maths question which once studied during academics studies, general knowledge and English question to test the ability of candidates.
- Personal Interview-: The candidates, those who are selected in written test are invited for interview. The SSB procedure for interview is consists of two stage selection process-Stage I and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for Stage II. In First stage is comprise of Officers Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (P&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR Test and PP and DT. And in the Last stage, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests and the conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
- Documents Verification–: Document Verification of the candidates will be conducted only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
- Medical Examination-: Medical Examination is conducts after the successful verification of documents. The selected candidate are undergo to the SSB medical examination by board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates will undergo to Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising female doctors/ specialists/ Gynecologist. After the recommended fit by Medical Board the candidates are allotted their interested academy for training sessions.
|Academy||Written Exam||Final Exam|
|Indian Military Academy||102||225|
|Indian Naval Academy||99||225|
|Air Force Academy||129||264|
|Officers Training Academy||86||168|
Cut off marks-:
Cut Off marks is around 20% for each subject.
Benefits in CDS
- If you are part of Indian Armed Force then covers almost all benefits which are useful in once life. You cover educational benefits for your children, allowance, medical facilities, train reservation facilities etc.
- It provides full time retirement pension plan which gives pension to the rest of the life.
- Candidates can also find a good job after you retirement because of your background in defense forces.
- It gives the one of most important benefits is the respect that you get from the society of the nation because you are serving the country at the highest level.
How to Apply -: The interested candidate can apply for CDS form official website of UPSC link: https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/mainmenu2.php. Here you can fill the form and send.
Fee-: There is fee of 100 rupee for application form except for women and a ST/SC candidate has to pay any rupee for application form.
How to Fill CDS Online Form 2018
Form of CDS is to be filled in two parts. Instructions are as follows-:
- Part-I -: Here candidate should fill the form for registration. There are 20 rows that should be filled correctly and matched to your documents. The steps are follows-:
- Your name
- Date of Birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Marital Status
- Then chose minority select in yes/no.
- Your Address
- Pin code
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Alternative Email id
- Part-II –: After the filling the part-I form you will get a unique registration id, you have punch for the filling the form part-II followed by the date of birth. Here you will choose the examination center, area of interest (IMA, INA, IFA and Officer Trainee) for the exam. Here you have make payment of application of form. For making payment online candidate should fill the details of their banks carefully otherwise their application may get cancelled or admit card will not available of that candidates. So pay proper attention while making payment.
After making payment a e – print will receive at your computer screen or mobile screen. Save that print may help in further if error comes in future.
Centre’s of CDS Training-: Chennai, Delhi, Allahabad, Bangalore etc are the training center of CDS where all selected candidates should report there at given dates.
CDS Latest Exam Dates
|Date of Notification||09/08/2017|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||19/11/2017|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||08/09/2017 – 6:00pm|
|Date of Upload||09/08/2017|
|Date of Exam||04/02/2018|
|Admit card||January 2018|
|Last Date To Apply||04/12/2017|
Here all information is discussed in detail about Examination of CDS. We hope that you get clear information about what is CDS and exam, center of CDS and examination center, benefits etc. So prepare for CDS exam according to the syllabus given above. CDS is the best jobs who really want to serve their national.
Have a Look on Below Table
|How To Crack SSC Junior Engineer||How To Crack SSC CHSL In First Attempt|
|How To Crack JEE Advanced||How To Crack XAT|
|How to Apply For SBI Demand Draft Online||How To Crack CAT|