UPSC Geologist Exam 2017
Huge number of candidates desires to make their career in government sector jobs. Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct UPSC Geologist Exam on 12th May 2017. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria given below and after verifying they are required to fill online application form. Submit the online application form on or before the last important date that is 03rd March 2017.
Dear valued viewers are the one who is going to take part in Geologist, Geophysicist and Geo-Scientist, Chemist and Junior Hydro Geologists exam which is going to be organized by Union Public Service Commission than you are advised to acquire complete details about UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 Notification and apply by filling UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 Application Form as soon as possible
On 12-05-2017, Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct UPSC Geologist Exam. Regarding this UPSC Application Forms 2017 are invited by UPSC from eligible Indians for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam. To get more details about Union Public Service Commission Examinations such as post name, vacancy detail, Eligibility norms, process to apply, and etc you may go through given details
UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 brief details:
- Organization Name: Union Public Service Commission
- Exam Name: Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination-2017
- Last Date for Online Application :03rd March 2017
- Exam date: 12th May 2017
- Mode of apply: Online
- Official site: www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC Geologist Vacancies Details
|Posts Name||No. of Posts|
|Geologist, Group A||40|
|Chemist, Group A||40|
|Geophysicist, Group A||25|
|Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A||33|
UPSC Eligibility Criteria
- For Geologists & Junior Hydro Geologists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Master’s degree in Geology or Geological Science or Applied Geology or Mineral Exploration or Geo-Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Petroleum Geosciences or Coastal Area Studies or Petroleum Exploration or Geophysical Technology from a recognized university.
- For Geophysicists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Sc. (Geophysics) or M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized university.
- For Chemists Grade ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Sc. in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry from a recognized board with good academic records.
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2017)
|Name of Post||Age Limit (Years)|
|Geologist, Group A||21 to 32|
|Geophysicist, Group A||21 to 32|
|Chemist. Group A||21 to 32|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21 to 35|
- Pay an application fee of Rs 200/-.
- SC, ST, PH and female aspirants need not to pay the fees.
Mode of Payment
Submit either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of relevant branches as follows.
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore or
- By using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern
There will be two parts- Part I and Part II.
- Part I will consist of written test having duration of 03 hours for each paper.
- Part II will include interview/ personality test carrying 200 marks.
Check Here->> UPSC Geologist Exam Question Papers
|Part I: Written Examination||3 hrs|
|General English||100 Marks|
|Geology Paper-I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper-III||200 Marks|
|Interview For Personality Test||200 Marks|
UPSC Geologist Syllabus
Now Contenders can download UPSC Geologist Syllabus 217 on this page so download for getting good marks in UPSC Geologist Exam 2017
UPSC Geologist Admit Card
Candidates can download UPSC Geologist Admit Card through official site of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in to
UPSC Geologist Result
- UPSC Geologist Result of candidates will be available in the month of July 2017.
- Detailed Application Form (DAF) can be filled in the month of July 2017
- Interview will be held on August 2017.
How to Apply For UPSC Geologist Exam 2017
- Applicants should verify the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination and apply through online mode by visiting the official website
- Official site of UPSC is www.upsconline.nic.in.
- On the home page follow ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- Press enter on link “Press Here below Part I Registration” available in front of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
- Fill online application form with all required details and submit the application fee and then again revisit the site for part two registration.
- Complete the Part-II registration by filling the entries.
- Upload the scan copy of passport size photograph and signature.
- At last, take a print out of system generated application for further references.
|Last Date for Online Application||03-03-2017|
|UPSC Geologist Exam 2017 application form Link||Check here|
Check About More Related Information You Would Like