SSC CGL 2017
Check complete details about SSC CGL 2017 from here, here we are providing SSC CGL 2017 Online Registration Dates and other important information. Staff Selection Commission has issued a notification of SSC CGL 2017. Candiates who are going to appear for tier I examinations which is going to be conduct on August 2017 they may apply through Online Registration link. Please have a look on complete details about SSC CGL 2017.
As per the latest notification of SSC CGL 2017 which has been issued by Staff Selection Commission candidates may apply as soon as possible, SSC CGL 2017 exam is the entrance to get jobs in central government ministries/ departments in Group B & C cadres. At least 8000-10,000 vacancies are filled every year through SSC CGL exams. Selection process consists of two stages (Tier I & Tier II) and only those who qualify in these tests shall be eligible for appointment.
Details of SSC CGL 2017
- Organization Name: Staff Selection Commission
- Type of announcement : SSC CGL 2017
- Category : SSC CGL 2017 Online Registration
- Official site: ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL 2017 – Changes in Tier 1 Exam
Initially, the SSC CGL tier I exam was supposed to be held on May 8 & 22nd but now it is scheduled on August, 2017.
- Both the Tier I & II are online tests.
- Tier I will contain 100 questions for 200 marks with duration of 75 minutes.
- No changes in Tier II marks or time limit.
- Tier III is introduced from this year onwards.
- It is descriptive paper on english or hindi language for 100 marks.
- Final merit list to be prepared based on the overall performance in Tier I, II & III
- No sectional cutoffs but should qualify in each tier seperately.
Read Also: कैसे बन सकते है Successful Person – जानिये
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
- Increase in negative marks:
- Numbers of questions are reduced from 200 to 100 but the total marks of 200 would still continue.
- It means, you will be given 2 marks for each correct answer.
- To prevent guessing of options, 0.50 marks would be reduced as negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Time reduced: Since there are only 100 questions, the total duration of tier I exam is reduced to 75 minutes. It was 120 minutes initially.
- No sectional cutoffs: There are no separate cutoffs for each section but candidates should above a certain cutoff on the total score in order to qualify in tier I.
Note: SSC CGL Tier I exam marks of candidates who clear Tier II & III will also be considered while preparing the final merit list.
Check More Related Links
|SSC CGL Syllabus 2016||SSC CGL Question Papers 2016|
|SSC CGL Challan Form 2016||SSC CGL Interview Admit Card|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Admit Card 2016||SSC CGL Toppers|
Books for SSC CGL Exam
With the tier I exams set to start on August 27th, here are some top selling SSC CGL books list that you may require to start preparing.
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
- Candidates who qualify in Tier I are shortlisted for Tier II online exams, the dates for which should be announced later.
- There is no change in the ssc cgl tier II examination but many were confused about the breakup, we decided to share it clearly.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern Tier II
- Paper I & II – compulsory for all categories of posts
- Paper III – to be taken by only those who applied for Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler posts
- Paper IV – only for those who applied for Assistant Audit Officer
Tier III & Tier IV Exams
- Tier III is a descriptive paper to test your English or Hindi language proficiency for 100 marks. The main highlights of this test are:
- Questions on essay writing, precise writing, letter writing & application writing.
- Candidates can choose to write the test in English or Hindi medium
Answers to be written on paper only.
Time duration: 60 minutes
The marks you score in this exam shall also be added along with tier I & II for final selections.
- Tier IV: This comprises of skill tests that are required only for few positions & not for everyone.It includes 2 types of tests:
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) – for Tax Assistants (central excise & income tax)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) – Assistant Section Officer of CSS
- Candidates who qualify for the above posts only need to participate in tier IV.SSC would notify such people to participate in these tests.
For more details you are required to check official Link
Check More Information You Would Like
|SSC MTS Syllabus||SSC Stenographer|
|SSC Online Part 1 & 2||SSC MTS|
|SSC CGL||SSC Sub Inspector|
|SSC CGL Toppers||SSC CPO|