CAT Notification 2017
Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) has organized Common Admission Test (CAT 2017) for providing admission to postgraduate programmes in Business Administration. It is the gateway for admission to 19 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and various B-schools located across the country.
This national level examination is conducted by the IIMs on the rotation basis. it will be conducted by IIM, Lucknow. Every year a large number of candidates appear in the CAT examination and the number is increasing year by year.
We will providing all the information related to CAT 2017 Application Form such as eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application fee, important dates, how to apply etc. are given below.
Common Admission Test 2017-18 Notification Apply Online
|Name of Test||Common Admission Test|
|Purpose of Test||Qualifying Test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ B-schools|
|Conducted by||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow)|
|Exam type||National Level|
|Commencement Of Application Form||9th Aug 2017|
|1||PGPEM (Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management)|
|2||PGPBM (Post Graduate Programme in Business Management)|
|3||PGP (Post Graduate Programme)|
|4||PGPWE (Post Graduate Programme for Working Executive)|
|5||PGPPM (Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management)|
|6||EPGPM (Executive Post Graduate Programme)|
|7||PGPSM (Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets)|
|8||PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management)|
|9||PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)|
|10||PGPEX (Post Graduate Programme for Executives)|
|11||PGP-Mumbai (Post Graduate Programme at Mumbai)|
|12||PGP-ABM (Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management)|
|13||PGP-UAE (Post Graduate Programme at UAE)|
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD). If the obtained marks are in the form of CGPA then it would be converted to percentage marks based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where the candidate has passed his/her bachelor degree..
- The candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree and whose results are awaiting are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- Schedule Caste (SC) – 15% seats
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5% seats
- Non Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC) – 27% seats
- PWD Differently Abled (DA) candidates – 3% seats
- 1700 for General category candidates
- 850 for reserved category candidates.
- Mode of application fee payment is through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Type: Computer based test (CBT).
- Duration:The duration of the paper CAT 2017 exam will be of 180 minutes.
- of Questions: 100 Objective type questions.
- Syllabus Covered:logical reasoning & data interpretation, verbal ability & Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability.
Check Here:-How To Crack CAT
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Time Limit per Section:Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 Min|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 Min|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 Min|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Quantitative Ability|
|Caselets and Tables
Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
Line Charts & Pie Chart
Combination of two or more types linked to each other
Number and Letter Series
Calendars, Cubes and Clocks
|Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)
Grammar or English Usage
Correction in Sentence
Fill in the blanks
Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
Analogies and Reverse Analogies
Facts Inferences Judgements
LCM & HCF
Profit, Loss & Discount
Speed, Time & Distance
Time & Work
Simple & Compound Interest
Ratio & Proportion
Quadratic & Linear Equations
Sequences & Series
Surds & Indices
Probability, Permutation and Combination
Functions & Geometry
Mixtures & Alligations
Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
CAT Cutoff of IIMs
|DI & LR||70||50||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||70||65||60||60|
|DI & LR||80||75||65||60||65|
|DI & LR||85||77||55||50||55|
- Writing Ability Test (WAT) or
- Group Discussion (GD) and
- Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
CAT Admit Card
CAT Examination is the most popular exam of India and CAT admit card is the most important for cracking CAT examination so candidates can download admit card on this page. Check here->>>> Download CAT Admit Card 2017.
Now Candidates can download CAT Syllabus on this page so Click Here->>> Download CAT Syllabus 2017 with exam pattern
IIMs Seats and Fee
|S.No.||IIMs||Fee (Lakh)||Number of Seats|
|1||Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad||19.5||385|
|2||Indian Institute of Management Amritsar||9||60|
|3||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||18.7||412|
|4||Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya||11||60|
|5||Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||19||462|
|6||Indian Institute of Management Indore||13||550|
|7||Indian Institute of Management Kashipur||10.5||210|
|8||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||13.75||353|
|9||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||14||436|
|10||Indian Institute of Management Nagpur||10||60|
|11||Indian Institute of Management Raipur||10.26||210|
|12||Indian Institute of Management Ranchi||10.5||155|
|13||Indian Institute of Management Rohtak||10.5||170 – 180|
|14||Indian Institute of Management Shillong||12.68||120|
|15||Indian Institute of Management Trichy||10||120|
|16||Indian Institute of Management Udaipur||9.5||180|
|17||Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam||10.5||60|
|18||Indian Institute of Management, Jammu||10||45|
|19||Indian Institute of Management, Sambalpur||10||140|
|20||Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur||9||60|
Online Procedure to Fill CAT Application Form
- First of all the candidates have to go to the official website of the University.
- -Now the candidates have to find the link of the application form on the website.
- -Therefore you have to click on the link of the application form.
- -Application form will appear in front of you.
- -You have to enter the details in the application form.
- -Now you have to pay application fees.
- -Take the print of the application form.
|Start Date of Online Application||7th August 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||September 2017|
|Correction window||October 2017|
|Admit Card Download Date||October 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||December 2017|
|Result Announcement Date||January 2018|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Online Application Form||Click Here|
Check More Useful Links You Would Like
|How To Crack SSC Junior Engineer||How To Crack SSC CHSL In First Attempt|
|How To Crack JEE Advanced||How To Crack XAT|
|How to Apply For SBI Demand Draft Online||How To Crack CAT|